January 4, 2019
- GUP – COMMUNITY THEATRE CLUB – Winter session starts Tuesday, January 8, 7:15 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. This year’s Performane, “THE FAMILY REUNION” takes place on Friday, March 1, 7:30 p.m., at Trinity United Church, 400 Stevenson Street N. Everyone is invited! Tickets: Adults $10; 16 & Under: Free
2. All cast members are to be completely “off book” Tuesday, Jan.29.
- Compulsory Dress Rehearsals: Saturday, February 23, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: and Sunday, February 24, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
4. COMMUNITY CHILDREN’S CHOIR – Next session will start April 28, 11:30 a.m.
5. COMMUNITY THEATRE CAMP – Dates are set. July 8 to 12 and July 22 to 26. Mornings, 9:00 to noon: 6 to 10 year-olds. Afternoons, 1:00 to 4:00: 11 to 16 year-olds
COMMUNITY THEATRE CLUB
Do you love being on stage; the thrill of a performance; turning your imagination loose; having fun??? You would love to be in the cast of GUELPH UNITED PERFORMERS! Right now our cast is about to start rehearsals big time, as we prepare for our upcoming Performance. If you have an interest in theatre, I do hope you will think about joining us in the future. Just send me an e-mail and let me know you are interested – I will definitely put your name on my list so you receive updated information about our program.
Our original performance for 2019 is THE FAMILY REUNION! Let’s face it – we’ve all been to a family reunion. However, there has never been one quite like the Truette Family Reunion. Where did all these people come from? Are we really related? Unbelievable! Be sure to look out for Crazy Aunt Scarlett – and then there’s Great Grammy Maribelle!!!! Yikes!
CHALLENGE —– all lines must be memorized by Tuesday, January 29. Remember, this also includes your cues, and the blocking we have been practising. Get in the moment……, really be that oddball character at the family reunion ……. and, you will be fine!
Again, again, again, please be sure you have Dress Rehearsal dates on your 2019 calendar. They are compulsory – no exceptions. Saturday, February 23, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Sunday, February 24, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
All family and friends are invited to attend our Performance booked on Friday evening, March 1, at 7:30 p.m. at Trinity United Church, 400 Stevenson Street N. See the kind of Show we can produce! We will be selling tickets to see “THE FAMILY REUNION”. Adults are $10; 16 and under are free. Everyone is welcome, and, we promise yummy refreshments after the Show. We are hoping each family will sell a minimum of six tickets to family and friends. Contact me or any cast member.
To all young actors, ages 11 to 16 – if you love theatre, want to grow in drama skills and develop self-confidence, I encourage you to discover GUP – Community Theatre Club.
COMMUNITY CHILDREN’S CHOIR
Our 2019 spring session of Community Children’s Choir will be starting up April 28 at 11:30 a.m., at Trinity United Church. Our Choir will sing at Trinity’s Family Picnic on June 16 at 10:00 a.m. We are looking for boys and girls, ages 6 to 12, in our community who like to sing! We offer an opportunity to learn the joy of singing in an environment of love and fun. We will be working on two or three new songs to sing at the June Picnic. Our Community Children’s Choir is free for all boys and girls in our community. Just come and sing!!!!
COMMUNITY THEATRE CAMP:
I have been having quick little thoughts about Theatre Camp. So much fun to look forward to! Theatre Camp always happens in July. 2019 will be July 8 to 12, and July 22 to 26.